Friday, August 3, 2007

ABC's

A is for accumulate.

I thought this was an interesting idea. Blog the ABC’s of your life. I found this idea at this blog: http://belladia.typepad.com/bella_dia/

I started with accumulate because I come from many generations of Packrats! I am one that is recovering! Hi, my name is K and I am a packrat.

How much stuff does a person really need? Last year we sold our house and moved overseas for a while. When you have to pack everything you want to keep in a bin and pay storage for it you begin to think differently. Do I love this? Why is it special to me? Could some one else get more use from it? I worried for months knowing I would have to get rid of most of my stuff. I knew it would be a hard day; I put it off as long as I could. I DREADED the day! Image my surprise when I found it was the most freeing thing I have ever done! I have not missed anything I gave away! (Well, except for some of my books!) But I know they are blessing some one else and there is always Amazon, Half price books and new library sales I can visit! We are back in the states now and are quickly, way too quickly, refilling it with stuff. I am trying to be picky about what I bring into our house. I try to ask myself, Do I love it? Do I need it? Does it bring me joy?

The hardest part of this is that I am bringing up packrats! They save everything and I have trained them well.

I am going now. I have a sudden urge to go and give things away!

No comments: