Saturday, June 12, 2010
I took a few update pictures of my garden today. I have two square foot garden boxes this year. I have three kinds of onion, garlic, and squash that is taking over in one box.
The other has strawberries, radishes, one tomato, 2 bell peppers, one Chinese pepper, a watermelon and a cantaloupe. Everything but one bell pepper have really taken off! I pulled the last of the radishes this morning. What should I plant in the two empty boxes? I am disappointed in the lettuce. It is bitter and my family just won't eat it. I am about to pull all of it out too. I have pole beans planted in the same box. The lettuce would not last in our heat here.
The other pictures are my harvest from this morning and my two new additions! Aloe Vera.
More next time.
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Summer just flies by for me. I can’t believe it is the 2nd week of June!! Where did last week go? I saw somewhere on a blog (I wish I could remember where... If you know where please let me know!) the idea of a summer bucket list. Here are a few of the things I would like to do:
1. Schlitterbahn! Need I say more? We didn’t make it last summer and the kids are already asking when we will go.
2. Finish a quilt. I have it pieced! I am on my way.
3. Organize my books and weed out the ones we are not interested in.
4. Thin out the toys in my house! Yikes! Sometimes we can’t even walk through a room!
5. Scrapbook with my best bud in
6. Start a scrapbook club here.
7. Swim 6 times a week.
8. Start walking again. I met some one who just did her first triathlon!
9. Spend a wonderful weekend celebrating my hubby’s birthday! This year is a milestone one.
10. Start camping again—I am thinking
11. Picnic at
I am sure I can think of more… how about you? What is on your Summer Bucket list?